- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
The Penrith Community Profile 2018 is a ‘one-stop’ source of demographic, social, health and sustainability data specifically related to the City and its suburbs.
Information contained in the Community Profile about Penrith City includes:
- Current demographic information, trends and future forecasts (ABS Census 2016)
- Learning and educational outcomes (ABS Census 2016)• Housing, including tenure type, dwelling structures, housing stress and homelessness (ABS Census 2016, Housing NSW, GSC)
- Childhood wellbeing statistics (Australian Early Development Census 2015, DET)
- Employment, including industries of employment, travel to work data and unemployment (National Institute of Economic and Industry Research 2016, ABS Census 2016)
- Health outcomes for the general population and for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups within the community (Social Health Atlas)
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) (ABS Census 2016)
- Social sustainability indicators (PCC Community Plan Data, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Department of Social Security)• Environmental sustainability indicators (Office of Environment and Heritage), NSW Department of Primary Industry)
The Penrith Community Snapshot 2018 is a 4 page summary of key statistics from the Penrith Community Profile.
Information in the Community Profile will remain accurate until further data is made available. For most demographic data, this will be in 2022, when the 2021 ABS Census data is released. However, the Community Profile references other sources for further information for most topics, which will continue to be updated online by the owners of that data.
Penrith’s Health Snapshot
Healthy eating and physical activity are important for our wellbeing. The Health Snapshot covers issues such as healthy eating, physical activity, social connection, mental health and alcohol consumption. The included case studies showcase local projects making a positive difference in people’s lives.
The Snapshot contains data from local research in 2019 that was undertaken to understand residents’ perceptions of social connection, barriers to active transport and food literacy.
A Snapshot of the Ageing Population in Penrith
The Snapshot of the Ageing Population explores demographic changes in the older population in Penrith, including the changing cultural diversity among them. It includes topics such as assistance with care, access to aged care services, home ownership, areas where older people live in Penrith and employment and community participation. The report also presents data on risks for social isolation, which is particularly pertinent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following resources offer information useful for community groups, investors, businesses, students and others.
Penrith City Council has a Youth Action Plan which includes a demographic snapshot of young people aged 12 -24 years that accompanies a strategic document which will frame the direction and focus of Council’s youth initiatives, services and programs over the next five years.
Profile.id provides demographic analysis for the City and its suburbs based on results from the 2016, 2011, 2006, 2001, 1996 and 1991 Censuses of Population and Housing. The profile is updated with population estimates when the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) releases new figures.
- Age profile
- Indigenous profile
- Journey to work
Penrith City Social Atlas
Penrith City Social Atlas provides key socio-demographic characteristics, based on census data presented as interactive maps.