- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
The Penrith Community Profile 2018 is a ‘one-stop’ source of demographic, social, health and sustainability data specifically related to the City of Penrith and its suburbs.
Information contained in the Community Profile about Penrith City includes:
- Current demographic information, trends and future forecasts (ABS Census 2016)
- Learning and educational outcomes (ABS Census 2016)
- Housing, including tenure type, dwelling structures, housing stress and homelessness (ABS Census 2016, Housing NSW, GSC)
- Childhood wellbeing statistics (Australian Early Development Census 2015, DET)
- Employment, including industries of employment, travel to work data and unemployment (National Institute of Economic and Industry Research 2016, ABS Census 2016)
- Health outcomes for the general population and for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups within the community (Social Health Atlas)
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) (ABS Census 2016)
- Social sustainability indicators (PCC Community Plan Data, NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Department of Social Security)
- Environmental sustainability indicators (Office of Environment and Heritage, NSW Department of Primary Industry)
The Penrith Community Snapshot 2018 is a 4 page summary of key statistics from the Penrith Community Profile.
Information in the Community Profile will remain accurate until further data is made available. For most demographic data, this will be in 2022, when the 2021 ABS Census data is released. However, the Community Profile references other sources for further information for most topics, which will continue to be updated online by the owners of that data.
The following resources offer information useful for community groups, investors, businesses, students and others.