- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Did you know?
- Volunteering Australia’s "State of Volunteering in Australia" report found that 93% of volunteers saw positive outcomes as a direct result of their voluntary participation.
- Volunteering plays a vital role in the development of social cohesion and social connection – both of which help alleviate loneliness.
- Volunteering provides a pathway to employment through the development of skills, networks and values which are increasingly sought after in professional environments.
- Volunteering provides an outlet for the exploration and development of personal interests outside of the workplace.
Why volunteer with Council?
Many Council projects and programs that benefit the community would not be possible without the involvement of our exceptional community volunteers. Their support makes many services possible, and helps us maintain very strong community networks. You can join this exceptional group and help others by volunteering occasionally, weekly or monthly.
What do Council volunteers do?
Areas where volunteers work with Council include:
Community access bus drivers
Council operates 2 community access buses for use by non-profit community organisations, transporting people living in Penrith City. These are a 21 seater automatic Toyota Coaster (seats 20 passengers plus driver) and a wheelchair accessible manual Toyota Coaster (seats 14 plus 2 wheelchair passengers and the driver).
Council has several committees that manage or assist with community centres and halls, and recreation facilities and services. Neighbourhood Facilities committees manage 5 of Council's Neighbourhood Facilities. The volunteer committees provide friendly customer service and organise the daily running of these centres. Council staff provide ongoing training and support to volunteers.
For details contact:
I want to volunteer! What next?
If you know your availability and want to volunteer in one of the areas mentioned, contact the relevant staff contact listed above or submit the form below.