Sports Ground Maintenance and Closures
- Written by: Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Sports grounds maintenance can be reported to Council by using options below:
- Report Online
- Report maintenance 24/7 on Council’s Online Services Portal.
- After Hours Urgent Competition Matters
- Please contact Council Council's After-Hours Security on 4732 7777. Listen and follow the prompts.
Need further assistance?
- Factsheet for Sports Grounds Users
- Handy Hints to raise a request
- Call the Community Facilities and Recreation Team on 4732 7930, weekdays between 8:30am - 4pm, excluding Public Holidays.
Sports Ground Closures
For sports grounds closures, please call Council's 24-hour recorded message on 4732 8017.
Casual and School Hirers:
- Council determines ground closures for Casual and School Hirers including regular school sports and carnivals.
- Unauthorised use may result in additional fees and could impact future bookings.
- If sports grounds remain open, the Hirer is responsible for conducting a risk assessment to determine the suitability for their use in terms of player safety and potential ground damage. If the Hirer chooses not to proceed, they must communicate this to Council and participants including spectators.
Community Sporting Clubs and Associations:
- Closures for weekday training and weekend competition only is at the discretion of the Sporting Clubs and Associations allocated to the facility.
- Clubs and Associations are responsible for conducting a risk assessment to determine the suitability of sports grounds for training, competition, player safety and potential ground damage. Consideration should be given to the weather forecast and the condition of the ground when inspected.
- Players should check with their relevant club on sports ground closures.