Our Master Plan
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
The "Our River" Master Plan was developed in consultation with the local community to provide Penrith City Council with a strategic framework for the management of the river reach and associated infrastructure.
The Master Plan proposes a shared vision to celebrate, activate and protect the Nepean River and outlines key actions to connect it with the city centre, enhance its natural environment, support active and healthy lifestyles while celebrating its rich history and cultural values.
A series of planning and design principles have been developed to form the strategic framework for the Master Plan. These principles build upon the constraints and opportunities identified through the site analysis and community consultation:
- Our Accessible River: addressing access, circulation and wayfinding
- Our Active River: addressing recreational and leisure opportunities
- Our Cultural River: addressing the river’s rich heritage and the celebration of river culture
- Our Healthy River: addressing the river’s natural environment, on land and water
- Our Managed River: addressing management and maintenance of the river
Recent projects to have been delivered as a result of the Master Plan include:
- Yandhai Nepean Bridge (pedestrian bridge)
- Tench Reserve Boat Ramp and trailor parking
- Tench Reserve pathways
The revitalisation of Regatta Park, Tench Reserve upgrade, and ongoing River Road vegetation management are just a few of the projects currently being delivered as a result of the Master Plan by Penrith City Council in partnership with the NSW and Australian Governments.