- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Our approach to strategic planning
Our strategic planning documents 2017-21 outline the actions and projects Council is working on for our community. Together these documents provide an integrated strategic planning framework to deliver the best outcomes for our community's short, medium and long-term future.
How our community is involved
Council works with the community in developing these documents to be sure everyone has the opportunity to have their say about their future. Our Community Engagement Strategy explains how Council engaged with our community and partners to develop the Community Plan. You can also read supporting information: download our survey results or view our YouTube video showing youth engagement.
Our Community Plan is a 'big picture' plan based around the seven Outcomes our community has told us will improve Penrith as a place to live, work and visit. These are long term goals and Council cannot deliver them alone – we need to work with state and federal government, businesses, other organisations and our community to achieve these Outcomes together. Our Community Plan not only sets out where we want to be, but also where we are now and how we’ll know we’re on the right track. Council adopted the current Community Plan on 26 June 2017.
Delivery Program and Operational Plan
The Delivery Program is Council's 4 year work program to help implement the Community Plan. Each year we publish the Delivery Program including our 1 year Operational Plan for that financial year, which sets out the services, service activities and specific actions Council will deliver in that year, and the annual budget.
Council adopted the 2019-20 Operational Plan and 2017-21 Delivery Program and 2019-20 Fees and Charges on 24 June 2019.
The Resourcing Strategy details Council's capacity to manage assets and deliver services over the next 10 years. It has 3 key sections which show how Council will effectively manage its finances, workforce and assets.
Measuring our progress
We've developed indicators to measure progress towards the outcomes our community wants to achieve. We use performance measures to track our success in achieving what we set out to do within the Delivery Program.
See our Organisational performance page for our annual, half yearly and quarterly reviews.
Many of our strategies and studies (listed below) have now been brought together into the City Strategy, adopted by Council on 24 June 2013. The City Strategy helps build a sustainable future for the City and our community, by examining the key issues facing us over the next 10-20 years and outlining how Council will respond. It includes issues that are not within Council's direct control. The issues and policy responses in the City Strategy inform the Community Plan and Council's 4 year Delivery Program.
Documents informing the City Strategy
- Penrith LGA Employment Lands Study - Stage 1
- Penrith LGA Employment Lands Study - Stage 2
- Employment Planning Strategy
- Mulgoa and Wallacia Rural Villages Strategy
- Mulgoa and Wallacia Rural Villages Study
- NSW Transport Long Term Master Plan Submission Paper
- Open Space Action Plan
- PATHS: Penrith Accessible Trails Hierarchy Strategy
- Penrith City Centre Parking Strategy
- Penrith City Centre Vision
- Penrith Regional City Infrastructure Strategy
- PLANS: People's Lifestyles, Aspirations & Needs Strategy
- St Marys Town Centre Strategy
- Urban Release Areas
- Werrington Enterprise Living and Learning (WELL) Precinct Strategy