Households & Community
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Expression of interest for Free Energy Workshops
Council held a very popular free energy workshop in March. The workshop was delivered by independent industry experts on topics including saving energy, solar, battery storage, as well as rebates and assistance.
Sustainable House Day
Sustainable House Day is held each September, to enable people to get up close to sustainable homes in their neighbourhoods. It’s a great way to find out how different features work, and get some inspiration and ideas for your own house.
Saving Energy & Solar Power
Energy prices are rising, so it’s a good time to think about how much energy you consume at home.
The information and links below can help you find new ways to reduce your power use and save money on your electricity bills. There’s also information about government rebates, incentives and support networks that can help.
What can I do to reduce my household energy use?
- Compare electricity and gas offers through the independent Government tool, Energy Made Easy to make sure you get the best deal.
- Energy bills can be confusing, but there is information to help you make sense of your bills.
- Find tips to help you cut your power bills.
- Check the Energy Rating Label before buying a new appliance. The more stars, the more you will save.
- Find out what's using the most energy.
What government rebates or incentives are available?
- Find out about the discounted appliance replacement offer for eligible households.
- State Government rebates can help eligible families, concession card holders and customers using approved medical equipment pay their energy bills.
- Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) helps customers in a short term financial crisis or an emergency to pay their energy bills.
- Find out about discounted energy efficient lighting for eligible households.
Who can I contact if I have a complaint about my electricity bill?
- The Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) provides a free, fair and independent dispute resolution service for all electricity and gas customers in NSW.
Where can I find out more information about installing solar on my roof?
- Information is available from Choice and the Clean Energy Council.
- Learn about the benefits of installing solar PV and the associated costs.
- Information on solar batteries is available in the NSW Home Solar Battery Guide.
- You can also check out Council’s Residential Solar Power fact sheet.
- Most home solar installations don't need approval from Council, but some do. To check if you need approval for your planned installation, please contact Council’s Duty Planner on 4732 7991.