- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Report a drainage problem
Contact Council on 4732 7552 to report problems with drainage on public property including:
- a blocked or overgrown drain
- a broken cover on a drainage pit
- a bad smell coming from a drain
- water coming up under pressure from a nature strip or road surface, or water constantly on a nature strip/footpath /road when no rain
- sewer main line/pit damaged/leaking in nature strip/footpath/roadway or private property.
Council is responsible for stormwater management, which involves transporting rainwater from urban areas to natural waterways. We build and maintain pathways and gutters, and part of the drainage system. We install and empty Gross Pollutant Traps (GPTs) to reduce the amount of litter that gets into the stormwater system.
Common drainage lines: Under Section 59A of the Local Government Act 1993, maintenance of inter-allotment drainage systems are the responsibility of all property owners benefiting from the system. Council's responsibility starts at the point where the inter-allotment discharges into Council's stormwater system.