Indoor Multi-Sports Arena
- Written by Jeremy Bentvelzen Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Penrith City Council is transforming an undeveloped site in Claremont Meadows into a $106 million indoor multi-sports arena.
The new precinct will feature:
- ten multi-sport courts, including one show court
- squash courts with movable walls to allow for flexibility of use
- multi-use rooms available for programs such as yoga, dance, martial arts, and special events
- a covered outdoor rink for roller-skating and roller sports
- change rooms, offices and meeting rooms
- kiosk, lounge area, amenities, first aid room, and storage space
- a car park, including electrical car charging stations, over 200 new trees, and bus drop off areas
- outdoor recreation spaces for walking and basketball, and outdoor fitness equipment
- shared pathway connections along South Creek, and
- additional landscaping.
Once complete, this indoor multi-sports arena will accommodate local, regional, state and even national events for a range of sports including netball, basketball, volleyball, futsal, squash, badminton, and more.
This project is being funded by the NSW Government through its $5 billion WestInvest program.
The site adjoins the Gipps Street Recreation Precinct which, once complete, will become a landmark sport and recreation destination.