- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
General emergency contacts
- including bushfires, floods and major storm damage.
- ABC Emergency provides for advisory information, news and official warnings on emergencies in Australia.
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES) for emergency help in floods or storms: 132 500.
- NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) for the bush fire information line: 1800 679 737 (1800 NSW RFS). See also: Neighbourhood Safer Places
- NSW Weather Warnings - warnings issued by the Bureau of Meteorology
- NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services - information, links and resources
- NSW Public Schools Bushfire safety .
If you live near a waterway or flood prone area, visit the NSW SES FloodSafe site to plan for and stay safe from floods.
Sites to monitor for updates include:
- Bureau of Meteorology NSW weather warnings
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES).
- Live Traffic NSW includes incident and road closure updates from the Roads and Maritime Services.
- Sydney Catchment Authority gives updates on spills from Warragamba Dam, affecting Nepean River water levels.
- Visit the live traffic website for up to date information about road and traffic issues.
- Roads and Maritime Services on131 700 - traffic incidents and dangerous road condition.
- Endeavour Energy 131 003 - power outages, streetlights not working, dangerous electrical situations.
- NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Environment Line 131 555 - pollution incidents.
- Sydney Water 132 090 - NSW sewerage/water problems.
Report a crime
- Police Assistance line 131 444
- Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 - You can report a crime or suspicious activities anonymously.
- Penrith Police Station 4721 9444
- St Marys Police Station 9677 7499
- Domestic Violence Helpline 132 111
- Council's Graffiti Hotline 1800 022 182
Penrith Emergency Management Plan
Download the Penrith Emergency Management Plan (EMPLAN) for the Penrith Local Government Area.