- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Are you ready for an emergency?
Download the free Get Prepared app to prepare for an emergency
Penrith City Council encourages you to prepare and stay safe in a disaster or a time of crisis by downloading and completing an emergency plan on the Get Prepared App.
Co-created by Australian Red Cross and general insurer IAG, the Get Prepared App helps you connect with your key support people, accomplish simple tasks to make you and your loved ones safer, and protect the things that matter most to you.
The App is a free and easy-to-use, one-stop tool to help you prepare for any type of emergency.
- establish a quick and easy network of support with three key contacts
- review risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF to be printed and shared with others.
As a participating Council in the Resilient Sydney program, we are collaborating with the Councils of Sydney to create a metropolis that is connected, inclusive and resilient.
Do one simple thing to make you and your family safer in an emergency: download the Get Prepared app.
General emergency contacts
- including bushfires, floods and major storm damage.
- ABC Emergency provides for advisory information, news and official warnings on emergencies in Australia.
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES) for emergency help in floods or storms: 132 500.
- NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) for the bush fire information line: 1800 679 737 (1800 NSW RFS). See also: Neighbourhood Safer Places
- NSW Weather Warnings - warnings issued by the Bureau of Meteorology
- NSW Ministry for Police and Emergency Services - information, links and resources
- NSW Public Schools Bushfire safety .
If you live near a waterway or flood prone area, visit the NSW SES FloodSafe site to plan for and stay safe from floods.
Sites to monitor for updates include:
- Bureau of Meteorology NSW weather warnings
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES).
- Live Traffic NSW includes incident and road closure updates from the Roads and Maritime Services.
- Sydney Catchment Authority gives updates on spills from Warragamba Dam, affecting Nepean River water levels.
- Visit the live traffic website for up to date information about road and traffic issues.
- Roads and Maritime Services on131 700 - traffic incidents and dangerous road condition.
- Endeavour Energy 131 003 - power outages, streetlights not working, dangerous electrical situations.
- NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Environment Line 131 555 - pollution incidents.
- Sydney Water 132 090 - NSW sewerage/water problems.
Report a crime
- Police Assistance line 131 444
- Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 - You can report a crime or suspicious activities anonymously.
- Penrith Police Station 4721 9444
- St Marys Police Station 9677 7499
- Domestic Violence Helpline 132 111
- Council's Graffiti Hotline 1800 022 182
Penrith Emergency Management Plan
Download the Penrith Emergency Management Plan (EMPLAN) for the Penrith Local Government Area.