Ripples wins coveted national award
- Written by Taryn Kennedy Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Tuesday, 5 November 2019
Ripples Leisure Centre has been awarded the 2019 National AUSTSWIM Recognised Swim Centre of the Year at the AUSTSWIM World Conference in October.
The award caps an outstanding year for Ripples which has already seen the centre receive awards from Swim Australia (Best Swim School Marketing, Promotions and Customer Service) and the Australian Swim Schools Association (ASSA Community Service Award).
The Swim Centre of the Year award recognises Ripples dedication and commitment to staff, their welfare and training. The program is led by Aquatic Programs Coordinator Tammy Weatherby who was a presenter at the AUSTSWIM and ASSA conferences on the outstanding water safety community initiatives delivered.
Penrith Mayor Ross Fowler OAM said the award is a tremendous achievement for Ripples and its dedicated staff.
“The staff of Ripples are to be commended for this prestigious award and their exceptional approach to teaching water safety,” Cr Fowler said.
“This award should come as no surprise though, in the last four years Ripples has been recognised 12 times with local, state and national awards along with two instructor awards.
“Learning to swim is an important skill whether you are young or old and I am pleased that our centres in Penrith are leading the nation when it comes to this vital lifesaving skill.”
With 36 swim teachers, Ripples has over 1,900 people attend swim lessons each week which can increase to 2,500 during peak times. The level of experience offered by the teaching staff is second to none, with a combined 200 years of experience currently teaching.
Ripples Swim School offers a comprehensive and established learn to swim program catering for all ages and abilities from 4 months to adults and special needs. Lessons are skills based with an emphasis on progressive learning experiences from building water confidence, correct stroke technique to survival skills.
Ripples instructors are AUSTSWIM accredited who combine technical knowledge and the ability to communicate to all ages through a caring, emphatic and inclusive approach to teaching.
Ripples Swim School is based at three facilities St Marys, St Marys Hydrotherapy Centre and Penrith. For more information about swim schools call Ripples St Marys on 9833 3000 or Ripples Penrith on 4721 3625.
- 2019 National AUSTSWIM Recognised Swim Centre of the Year
- 2019 Australian Swim School Association National Award – Excellence for Community Winner
- 2019 NSW AUSTSWIM Awards of Excellence –Recognised Swim Centre Winner
- 2019 Swim Australia National Award – Best Swim School for Marketing, Promotion and Customer Service
- 2018 Swim Australia National Award – Outstanding Community Service Winner
- 2018 AUSTSWIM – Teacher of Water Safety Winner – Lynette Wooden
- 2018 AUSTSWIM – Teacher of Access and Inclusion Winner – Alison Feilen
- 2018 Swim Australia National Awards – ‘Swim Safe’ Winner
- 2017 Mt. Druitt/ St Marys Local Business Awards – Specialised Business Winner
- 2017 Swim Australia National Awards – Outstanding Community Service Winner
- 2017 Swim Australia National Awards – ‘Swim Safe’ Winner
- 2017 AUSTSWIM National Awards – Recognised Swim Centre Finalist
- 2016 AUSTSWIM NSW State Awards – Recognised Swim Centre Winner
- 2016 Swim Australia National Awards – Marketing Winner
- 2015 NSW State Water Safety Awards – Local Community Initiative of the Year
- 2015 AUSTSWIM NSW State Awards – Recognised Swim Centre High Commendation
Information contained within this news release was correct as at Tuesday, 5 November 2019.