Do you need to vote in the Council by-election?

Friday, 16 March 2018

Are you an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older and living in the South or East ward of the Penrith local government area?

If so, you need to make sure your details are correct on the electoral roll by 6pm on Tuesday 3 April so you can vote in the Council by-election on Saturday 12 May.

You can check your ward and enrolment details at

Voting is compulsory for all South and East ward residents on the electoral roll and fines apply for failing to vote. North Ward residents do not need to vote.   

The by-election is required under the Local Government Act 1993 following the resignation of two Penrith Councillors in February. South Ward Councillor Joshua Hoole and East Ward Councillor Ben Price recently resigned from Penrith Council citing personal circumstances.

If you want to nominate as a candidate for the elections, nominations close on 11 April.

Visit Council's Election page for more details.

Information contained within this news release was correct as at Friday, 16 March 2018.