Civic Centre re-opens on Monday
- Written by Teela Griffin Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Friday, 12 June 2020
Penrith City Council will re-open its Penrith Civic Centre on Monday 15 June for customer payments and the lodgement of forms for customers who have been unable to utilise Online Services.
Penrith Mayor Ross Fowler OAM thanked the community for their patience during the COVID-19 outbreak.
“I want to thank the community for their understanding while our offices were closed,” Cr Fowler said.
“The decision to temporarily close the Civic Centre and the St Marys office was made to limit interactions and to protect staff and the community as the pandemic took hold.
“While the doors of the building may have been closed, Council was not and our ability to transition to online services meant we were able to continue with many of our services without interruption for the community.”
A range of limited services will be available including:
- Rates – payments, receipts, change of name/address
- Children’s Services – payment of fees
- Tree enquiries – removal application, payments, receipts
- Swimming pools – inspection bookings, payments
- Animal services – registration, change of ownership, payments, receipts
- Asset management – driveway applications, payments, receipts
- Waste services – green bag collection
Council has increased cleaning, installed barriers and distancing markers and has hand sanitiser available for customers entering the Civic Centre. Where payment is required, Council’s preferred option is for cashless transactions.
The Penrith office will resume normal trading hours, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4pm.The St Marys office will remain closed at this stage.
Information contained within this news release was correct as at Friday, 12 June 2020.