Local Strategic Planning Statement & Local Environmental Plan Review
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Penrith Local Strategic Planning Statement
Penrith City Council’s Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) Planning for a Brighter Future, sets out the 20-year vision for land use in Penrith Local Government Area (LGA). The LSPS recognises the special characteristics which contribute to Penrith’s local identity and how growth and change will be managed in the future.
Council received a Letter of Support from the Greater Sydney Commission (GSC) Assurance Panel on 16 March 2020 and the LSPS was formally adopted by Council on 23 March 2020.
As a great place to live, work and play, our City has an important role in Sydney’s future as the Penrith LGA continues to evolve. The LSPS has been developed as a result of extensive consultation with and input from the wider community, government agencies and key local stakeholders including industry and local businesses, resident action groups and environmental groups to help shape future plans.
Our Local Strategic Planning Statement:
- Provides a land use vision for Penrith LGA over the next 20 years taking into consideration the economic, social and environmental needs of our community.
- Aligns with and responds to the key priorities and directions set in the Greater Sydney Commission’s (GSC) Greater Sydney Region Plan – A Metropolis of Three Cities and Western City District Plan.
- Includes 21 planning priorities and 10 themes which reflect the shared community values to be maintained and enhanced.
- Aligns with Council’s Community Plan.
The Penrith LSPS can be viewed here.
For further information, including fact sheets and additional information about the consultation process and supporting documents, you can view Council’s Your Say page.