Community Recycling Centre
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Penrith City Council's Community Recycling Centre (CRC) opened on 20 July 2017. It provides the community with a free and convenient way to dispose of problem waste in an environmentally friendly way.
The CRC is located at:
Mon-Fri 8.30am - 2pm
Sat 8am - 12pm
(closed Sundays & Public holidays)
Residents are able to dispose of the following waste items for free at the CRC:
Fluorescent globes and tubes
Computers & Televisions
Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
Household and car batteries
Motor and other oils
- Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. As a guide, a maximum container of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the wasted listed above.
- General household rubbish or bulky household waste (such as furniture and green waste) will not be accepted at the CRC.
Storing and transporting your problem waste
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leakages or breakages.
The CRC facilitates the reprocessing and reuse of these materials and prevents them from entering landfill. By sorting your waste and taking it to your local CRC, you will:
- Help improve recycling rates;
- Save water, energy and other valuable natural resources; and
- Protect the environment.
For more information please call Penrith City Council on 4732 7777.
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au