Commercial Waste Management
- Written by Teela Griffin Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Commercial Waste Management
Penrith City Council is committed to leading the way in waste innovation, and we know our community is as committed to being leaders in waste as we are. That’s why we want to help local businesses do the right thing with their waste and continue sending it to the right place even while at work.
We know that waste generation within a workplace is often unavoidable and that every business is unique in their waste disposal needs. Whether you’re a café producing food waste or a store with an excess of cardboard from stock deliveries, Penrith’s Commercial Waste Service can cater to your needs.
Our commercial waste management plans are individualised, that means we tailor your plan to suit your business’s needs. As a part of our assessment process for your commercial service, our friendly Waste and Resource Recovery Team conduct site inspections and a detailed client consultation to ensure we understand what you need from your service.
Some of our most common service types are listed below. Alternative collection frequencies and bin sizes can be discussed with Council as part of your business’s waste management plan.
|Bin Type||Bin Size||Collection Frequency||Presentation|
| Residual wastebin
(for general waste that can’t be recycled or composted)
|140L or 240L||Weekly or Fortnightly||Kerbside|
|660L or 1100L||Weekly||On site storage and collection|
(for paper, cardboard, bottles, cans and other recyclable material)
|240L or 360L||Fortnightly||Kerbside|
(for food and garden organics as well as other organic material that can be commercially composted)
Benefits of Penrith's Commercial Waste Service
The many benefits of a commercial waste service with Penrith City Council include:
- Value for money: we provide a cost competitive service that is reliable and flexible to suit your business’s needs.
- Hand tailoring to your business: by consulting with our clients, visiting workplaces and discussing current waste practices, we can develop personalised waste management plans that ensure our services meet your disposal requirements.
- Best environmental practice: our range of resource recovery streams ensure that waste is recycled and re-used in the local community where possible. For instance, Penrith’s organic waste is recycled into high-grade compost for use on local parks and gardens, while recyclables like glass bottles can be repurposed for use in local roads and carparks.
- Resource recovery reporting: by signing up with Penrith’s Commercial Waste Service you will receive updates detailing your business’s waste production and resource recovery efforts.
How to apply