Safer parking for Jamison Park
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Monday, 14 March 2016
New signs have been installed in Jamison Park in an effort to remind drivers to park safely in the marked bays.
The popular park is used by a variety of sports including netball, soccer, athletics, recreation users and fitness groups.
Penrith Mayor Karen McKeown said while there are enforcement options when people park incorrectly, she hopes that enforcement is not necessary with park users complying and parking safely.
"Jamison Park is a great location to enjoy outdoor activities and the use of the park continues to rise," Cr McKeown said.
"There have been concerns raised by sporting groups and parents that safety is being compromised by people failing to park their vehicles properly which is having a direct effect on the safety and welfare of park users, especially children.
"With an increase of park users comes increased traffic and parking correctly is important so that all users can enjoy the park safely.
"The new signage reminds us to park correctly by only parking in marked bays. When vehicles stray from these areas safety is put at risk."
Parking infringement notices will be issued for the following offences:
- not stand vehicle in marked parking space;
- stand vehicle in occupied marked parking space;
- not stand vehicle wholly in marked parking space; and
- stand vehicle in disabled persons parking area without authority.
Information contained within this news release was correct as at Monday, 14 March 2016.