Emu Plains Tennis Courts
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The health and safety of the community is our top priority, and Penrith City Council is closely following the advice of the Australian and NSW Governments and relevant health authorities with regards to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, all sports grounds and facilities are temporarily closed to from Monday 23 March 2020, until further notice. Any bookings and activities cannot proceed.
We will closely monitor the situation and provide updates on any changes. This will be reviewed at the end of April when updates and further information will be available on Council’s website.
This facility has 2 synthetic grass courts, lights and amenities.
It is available 365 days per year, from 7.30am to 10pm.
Located at Dukes Oval Park Street, Emu Plains 2750 (see map below)
If you would like to speak to someone about your booking please call 4732 7930.
Please note: Emu Plains Tennis Courts do not have an office or pro-shop, to hire or purchase drinks.
Casual Tennis Court hire rates (per hour) are set by Penrith City Council:
Off peak cost: $10.00
Off peak $12.00
Off peak $14.00
Access to the courts is controlled by a Personal Identification Number (PIN) security system. A PIN is automatically issued to players when they make an initial booking via SMS or email (following booking confirmation and receipt). Players can use the same PIN for all subsequent bookings.
To access the court(s) at your booked time, simply enter your PIN into the key pads located at the gate to each court. Your PIN will allow you access to the tennis courts 10 minutes before & 15 minutes after your booking ends. To EXIT at any time, simply press the EXIT button.
You also have access to the toilets within the clubhouse. Your PIN will work throughout your booking period for the toilets.
IMPORTANT: If you have an evening booking, the lights will switch OFF 15 minutes after your booking ends. Your unique PIN turns the lights ON or KEEPS the lights ON (this is an energy saving feature). You must enter your PIN correctly even if the lights are already ON before you enter the court. You can enter your PIN 10 minutes before your booking commences.
We like to keep your booking and tennis experience as easy as possible. The tennis courts are available for hire 7 days a week, for individual use. Please note: Court bookings made for the purpose of coaching (adults or children), social tennis (group events), competitions or any other related activity (whether of a commercial or non-commercial nature) require permission by Penrith City Council. Please phone 4732 7930 for more information.
All Prices quoted within our website include GST unless otherwise stated.
Tennis is a physical sport and a fun activity. However, if you have never or not undertaken regular exercise for some time, or have suffered from or are suffering from any of the following conditions: arthritis, joint pain, muscular pain, cramps, circulation problems, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease, angina, asthma or breathing difficulties, please seek medical advice from your doctor before participating in any tennis usage or program.
OFFICE HOURS – Penrith City Council
Monday to Friday: 9am- 4pm
Office Closed: Public Holidays (Note: Courts are available to book via internet booking page. Court access is via players unique PIN. Lights will activate when PIN is entered for court access evening bookings).
TENNIS COURT OPERATING HOURS
- Courts are available for play 365 days per year
- Emu Plains Tennis Courts Times: 7.30am- 10pm
- Courts are accessed by entering a players unique PIN. The same PIN is then used for all subsequent bookings.
The tennis courts are available for hire 7 days a week for individual use, however there are some conditions when booking courts: court bookings for coaching (adults or children), social tennis (group events), competitions or any other related activity whether of a commercial or non-commercial nature require approval from Penrith City Council.
Players can wear any type of flat style shoe that is appropriate to play tennis. No heels or stud shoes are permitted on the courts at any time.
NO SMOKING POLICY
In the interests of Public Health and comfort, smoking is not permitted on the courts, in the changing rooms or within 4 metres of the tennis courts.
Patrons are not permitted to park their vehicles within Dukes Oval and must park on the road or in permitted parking areas – fines apply.
- Please take all your rubbish with you and leave the tennis courts, change rooms and bathrooms clean and tidy for the next player to use and enjoy.
- Early morning and late evening players please be mindful of the local residents who live nearby. Try to keep loud conversation and outbursts on court to a minimum.
- Please respect our environment and take your old ball cans and empty drink bottles home where you can for re-cycle.
- Credits are non-refundable, and Council must be advised within 24 hours of your cancellation in order to receive a credit.
- In the event you find the courts wet at the beginning of your booking, it starts raining during your booking or there is heavy dew on the courts, please be aware that you play on the courts at your own discretion. A Credit is provided if you consider the courts unplayable.
- Court Hire Monday to Friday 07:30 to 22:00 6hrs cancellation notice.
- Court Hire Weekends and Public Holidays 07:30 to 22:00 6hrs cancellation notice.
- No shows and last minute cancellations can not be credited.
- For all pre-paid bookings that are affected by unplayable weather or have been cancelled in the required space of time a credit is given to your player account/profile. Log into the booking system ‘View my Bookings / Account’ with your first name and email address to view your credit or phone us if you are unsure.
- Player Credits have a 6 month expiry date from the date the credit is created.
- Credits can be used for Court Hire only.
CHANGES TO PLAYERS COURT BOOKINGS
Penrith City Council reserves the right to:
- Make price changes without notice.
- Cancel any booking at short notice. (A staff member will contact you and re-assign a different time or give a refund if deemed appropriate).
- Re-assign a court other than the court which has been booked specifically online or otherwise.
- Penrith City Council does not take responsibility for any booking conflicts.
- Pre-paid confirmed bookings take precedence over any booking claim that is not in our Tennis Management System.
- It is the client’s responsibility to provide evidence of any booking claim.
- Where Penrith City Council is found to be in error, it will do its utmost to rectify the situation within reason.
Extending your booking is not free of charge. Please check the online system first – if you have booked a court for an hour and play an extra 20 minutes additional court hire fees apply.
USING ADDITIONAL COURTS
Using additional courts that are not booked and paid for is not free of charge. Please check with the online system first – if a group of 4 players decide to play singles because the court adjacent is vacant, additional court hire fees will apply.