- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Council's boat ramp at Tench Reserve, Tench Avenue, Penrith is open to the public during the following hours:
- Summer months (2 October - 31 March) 5am - 9pm
- Winter months (1 April - 1 October) 6am - 8pm
For more information call 4732 7777.
New boat ramp construction at Tench Reserve
Council is upgrading the boating facilities at Tench Reserve, Jamisontown. The works are an important element of Council’s Our River Masterplan, and are being jointly funded by the Australian Government and the NSW Boating Now infrastructure program. Council has appointed Land & Marine Ocean Engineering as the principal contractor to construct the new works at Tench Reserve. Construction commenced in June 2018 and completion is expected mid-2019, weather permitting.
Current facilities will remain open during construction of the new facilities. The works include:
- a new 3 lane boat ramp
- 34 new boat trailer parking bays
- new access roads
- 10 new vehicle parking bays
- new jetties along the foreshore, including connection to the existing jetty
- new footpaths, stairs, balustrades and fencing
- landscaping and lighting.
During construction, there may be minor disruption to traffic, parking and pedestrian access.