St Marys Corner
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
About the Corner
St Marys Corner Community and Cultural Precinct, on the corner of Mamre Road and the Great Western Highway in St Marys, was opened in May 2010. It hosts a range of community groups and activities for all ages and interests.
The Corner includes a landscaped public space (the St Marys Piazza) surrounded by:
- St Marys Community Centre
- St Marys Memorial Hall
- St Marys Senior Citizens Centre
- St Marys Arts and Craft Studio
- The Chambers - formerly the St Marys Council Chambers when it opened in 1965, this facility was reopened in 2008 for use by the community, and forms part of the St Marys Corner Community and Cultural Precinct.
It's also home to a children's centre and Don Bosco Youth Centre, an independently run centre that can also be hired for private functions.
Hire a room
To check availability or make a booking contact Council on 4732 8021.
What's on at the Corner
St Marys Corner is a vibrant social and cultural precinct offering a wide range of programs, resources and activities thanks to our community, local and regional organisations, cultural groups and artists, and Council staff. It is home to some organisations that provide a range of important community information, referral and development services:
- The Community Centre is home to Nepean Migrant Access and the St Marys Area Community Development Project
- The Senior Citizens Centre is home to the St Marys Combined Pensioners and Superannuants Association.
- The former Chambers building is used by the St Marys and District Historical Society and
- the Arts and Craft Studios are occupied by the Nepean Potters Society and other craft groups.
St Marys Corner is about community and communication, creativity and innovation, quality and participation, learning, diversity and sustainability. It's about engaging people in conversations and dynamic exchange of creative ideas which explore the place of St Marys and the region, our people and our past, present and future.
Visit our blog
Details about events and projects held at St Marys Corner in collaboration with Council can be found on Council's Culture & Creativity website.