Good Neighbour Program
- Written by Bethany Thomas Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Want to be a good neighbour?
Having good neighbours is the best! It means having an extra someone to keep an eye on things, to collect the mail when you’re away or lend some milk when you’ve run out. It’s great to know and trust the people around you.
The first step to being a good neighbour is knowing your neighbours. It can be hard to get to know new people, and sometimes you don’t even know where to start. That’s why Penrith City Council has launched the Good Neighbour program.
If your neighbours are self-isolating, offer to help them out by filling out one of our handy postcards. All you have to do is download them, print them out and fill them in.
Want to say thanks to a good neighbour?
If your neighbour has helped you out in a big or small way and you want everyone to know how awesome they are, give them a shout out on Instagram by using #penrithgoodneighbour
Please ensure you have permission before posting any photos of any individuals and children in the hashtag.
Want to get your business or organisation involved?
Calling all shops, cafes, schools, sports clubs and more! The Good Neighbour program wants local businesses and organisations to help spread positivity and encouragement in our new social media campaign.
Do you want to write a personalised message but you're not quite sure where to start? We've created a few messages to inspire you.
- Perfect for essential workers: "Please stay at home so we can do our job."
- Support services may like: "We're here for you. Reach out if you need help."
- Want to acknowledge how tough it's been? Try: "We know it's a tough time right now, but we appreciate you staying at home."
- Great for food businesses: "Help us support you by maintaining a 1.5m physical distance from others."
- Good for all businesses: "We are open and welcome your business. Remember to keep 1.5m for us to all stay safe."
Being a Good Neighbour is all about having community spirit, so why not get involved?