On-call Waste Collection
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
How to book a cleanup
All households with a domestic waste service can book up to 4 free clean up collections each calendar year to dispose of bulky household waste. Before booking a clean up collection, look into recycling options and consider donating usable items to charity, selling items or giving them away. For more information, see the A-Z of Waste and Recycling
To book a clean-up, call 4732 7777. There is generally a minimum 2-4 week wait - please plan ahead and call early, especially if you need the waste removed prior to a particular date (such as the end of a rental lease). Busy periods such as around Christmas, Easter and school holidays may have a 4-8 week wait.
Items can be placed on the kerbside in a tidy and safe manner the day before the scheduled collection. Each clean up collection is limited to a 1.8 x 1.2m (4 x 6 ft) box trailer load. Please note that a separate truck collects metals for recycling- this could occur on the next working day after your scheduled clean-up collection. Please place any metals to the side of the clean up to allow for faster collection.
We can collect
- Unwanted or broken household items such as clothing or toys - must be bagged or boxed
- Broken or unwanted furniture
- Mattresses (limit of 2 per clean up)
- Garden clippings (bagged or boxed)
- Tree branches up to 10cm diameter and up to 1.2 m lengths, tied in manageable bundles.
We can't collect
- Building materials, demolition or renovation waste such as bricks, concrete, tiles, fibro/asbestos*, sinks, baths, gyprock, fence palings and roof sheeting
- Car parts of any kind
- Liquid, trade or industrial waste
- Household kitchen waste
- Tree stumps
- Large oversized items such as spa baths
- Hazardous waste including gas bottles and car batteries
- Large glass items such as fishtanks or mirror panels
- For further information on how to dispose of these items, see the A-Z of Waste and Recycling
* View information on Asbestos safety.