- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
The Community Plan identifies our community's long term aspirations for the City. It looks beyond the next 10 years, setting out long term community outcomes and the strategies to get us there. Achieving these outcomes will require strong leadership from Council, working with our partners, to grow our Regional City into the future.
Our current Community Plan, adopted 26 June 2017, reflects what our community told us they wanted for the future, during our 12 months of public engagement:
- a Regional City that is the focus of a sustainable and prosperous region
- access to facilities and services
- active, healthy lifestyles
- choice of quality housing
- a safe, resilient, welcoming and creative community
- to protect and conserve a healthy natural environment, including our beautiful Nepean River
- safe roads, including shared pathways for cyclists and pedestrians, and
- neighbourhoods they can be proud of.
Our community also told Council they want us to support and advocate for local jobs and training, and better public transport.
See our City Strategy page to see the strategic planning documents that are helping us achieve the goals from our Community Plan. See our Organisational Performance page to see our progress and the challenges we are facing in achieving these goals.