Hire a Hall
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 email@example.com https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Find a hall
Check the list of halls and community centres to find one that suits your needs. Click on the relevant facility name to see photos, how many people it can hold and what facilities and equipment it offers.
Fees and charges
Each hall and centre has different fees and charges. Download our Neighbourhood Facilities 2018-19 Fees and Charges. This list applies from 1 July 2018 and overrides all previously listed fees.
Council will pass on a 0.5% surcharge on all credit card transactions. A public holiday surcharge may apply if Council incurs any additional costs. Some other additional fees and charges may also apply. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire section below for more information.
Our fees are reviewed and updated on 1 July each year.
Register your interest in hiring a hall
You can view a list of the facilities available for hire and their potential availability on the Online Facilities Calendar. You can use this calendar to express your interest in hiring a facility.
Please be aware that submitting your interest in hiring a facility does not guarantee your booking. A member of our Neighbourhood Facilities team will contact you within 3 business days with an update on your request.
If your request is urgent, please call 4732 8021 during business hours.
Expression of Interest for Regular Hire
We only open Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for regular hire once every 2 years, so make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity.
What is a ‘regular hire’?
A regular hire means you have booked a facility to be used on a regular and ongoing basis.
All regular bookings are only confirmed for 2 years.
When are regular hire EOIs open?
Regular hire EOIs open during August and September, once every 2 years. The next EOI period will be held in August/ September 2019. Exact dates will be made available in mid-2019.
Everyone who would like to have a regular hire will have the opportunity to submit an EOI during this time.
How can I submit an EOI when they open?
If you are a current regular hirer, an application will be sent to you automatically when the EOI opens.
What if I want to book a regular hire when the EOI isn’t running?
Outside of the EOI period you can contact us to check availability for your preferred facility. If the facility is available, you will be sent a Regular Hire Application form to complete and return. Once your Application has been processed a confirmation will be sent.
Please note: If your application outside of the EOI period is successful, it will only be valid up until the end of the 2 year period covered by the previous EOI process.
How do you decide which EOIs are successful?
All Applications are assessed by Council and successful EOIs are determined in line with the Neighbourhood Facilities Management policy.
When will I know the outcome of my EOI?
You will be advised in writing whether your application was or wasn’t successful.
If you were unsuccessful in the facility you applied for, we will try to find an alternate venue for you, and liaise with you to ensure it meets your requirements.
Why does Council run an EOI for regular hires?
Regular hire bookings are very popular and we don’t always have enough facilities to meet the demand.
The EOI process is transparent and equitable, and ensures everyone has the chance to submit their interest for hiring one or more neighbourhood facilities on a regular basis.
If you have any questions about the EOI process and regular hires, please call our Neighbourhood Facilities Team on 4732 8021.
Terms and conditions
Some important terms and conditions include:
- You must be 21 years or older to book a hall.
- Hire fees are those that apply at the date of the event, not when you make a booking.
- The hire fees are subject to change as of 1 July each financial year.
- You will be required to pay a bond in addition to the hire fee.
- Hire fees will apply from the time you gain access to the facility until the time that you set the alarm when you leave.
- You are required to attend the event for the duration of the booking or until such time as all guests have left and the alarm is set.
- You must ensure that there will be a ratio of 1 person over 21 years of age for every 10 guests under 21 years of age.
- Additional fees will apply if you don't set the alarm correctly at the end of your event.
- You will be required to pay for all costs associated with repairing any damage or vandalism that occurred during the booking period, including any damage or vandalism caused by uninvited guests.
- You cannot return to the hall the next day to clean up.
- Council is not responsible for personal property that is lost, stolen or damaged in the course of the event.
- Amusement rides, jumping castles, jukeboxes, hired karaoke equipment, portable stages etc. can be used, with Council's agreement. You will be responsible for ensuring that the provider of this equipment has current Public Liability Insurance for no less than $10,000,000. This equipment cannot be left at the hall overnight.
- You are responsible for the safety of your guests. Adequate supervision and security must be in place during your event.
- You are responsible for the conduct of everyone attending the event and must have strategies in place to manage anti-social behavior and gatecrashers.
- You must ensure that the number of people who attend the event does not exceed the maximum capacity of the facility.
- You must register the event with the Police if alcohol is going to be consumed at the event.
- You must leave the hall in a clean condition. You will need to sweep the floors, damp mop any spillage, clean and tidy the kitchen and toilets, and put away tables and chairs. All rubbish is to be placed in the external garbage bins.
- Council can request that special arrangements for security management be organised and paid for by the hirer.
- Council has the right to decline a booking.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. Cancellation fees may apply.
- Additional fees may apply if the Hire Agreement is breached.
- Please Note: Additional restrictions or conditions may apply at committee-managed Neighbourhood Facilities.