The relay is travelling a record 230,000km around the world and while in Australia will be carried by 3,800 batonbearers. Penrith is one of only 4 metro NSW locations the baton will visit during its 10 day route through the state, and Day 41 of the relay will start here.
Spectator Viewing Areas
Spectator viewing areas will be set up along Jamison Road (near Cables Wake Park) with parking available within the Panthers carpark as well as at Jamison Park, with ample parking at the netball courts. Due to the scheduling of the relay, spectators should pick a preferred viewing location as the rolling road closures for the convoy's route to Jamison Park will make it difficult to view it at more than one location. Jamison Park is an ideal location to view the baton and take part in the community sports activities.
Community Sports Activation - Jamison Park
From 10am Jamison Park, the city's sporting hub, will play host to a variety of sporting activities for families to 'come and try' as the Queen's Baton makes its way to the park for an 11am arrival. Kids of all ages can come and try soccer, cricket, netball, basketball, gymnastics and many more sports at Jamison Park and Nepean Athletics Club will be running a BBQ.
Road Closures & Traffic Diversions
Download the Queens Baton Relay Traffic Control Plan to view all relay route road closures and diversions.
Due to the nature of the relay moving through Penrith, there will be some disruptions to the flow of traffic along Tench Avenue, Jamison and York Roads particularly as the convoy crosses through major intersections.
- Approx 10am Start at Tench Reserve (opposite Coffee Club 78-88 Tench Ave Jamisontown)
- Left out of car park onto Tench Ave north bound
- Right onto Jamison Road east bound
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - past Blakey Road
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - past Anaika Drive
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - past Harris Street
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - past McNaughton Street
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - though roundabout at Station Street
- Continue east on Jamison Rd - turn right at York Road
- Continue south on York Road - turn left into Jamison Park service road
- Continue to south to Netball courts car park
- Arrive at Jamison Park approx. 11am
Batonbearers - Penrith
|Peter Anderson - Emu Heights||Craig Beacroft - Penrith|
|Mitchell Beggs-Mowczan - Glenmore Park||Jordan Challis - Auckland|
|Jimmy Cooper - Wollongong||Ben Felten - Blaxland|
|Betty Gallagher - Colyton||Cathy Gardiner - St Clair|
|Rinky Hijikata - Epping||Heather Lee - Richmond|
|Connor McLeod - North Richmond||Joanne O'Brien - Grose Wold|
|Michael O'Loughlin - Rosebery||Alysha Pearson - Cranebrook|
|Sue Roden - Springwood||Elie Vlahovich - Oakhurst|
|Robert Wearn - Mulgoa||Cheryl Webb - Werrington|