• Problems & disputes

  • Included on this page

  • Report a problem

    Please note, if you are making a report to Council regarding a barking dog you must provide correct information in ALL areas below, if you do not provide this information Council is unable to action your request.


    Feedback is welcomed and encouraged through the 'Report a Problem' form.
    Council will not respond to feedback that is abusive or offensive.

    We respect your privacy, and any personal information submitted to Penrith City Council will be dealt with according to the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act (1998), Government Information Public Access Act (2009) and the Local Government Act (1993). Council will not use personal information for a purpose other than that for which it is collected. See Access to Information.

  • Emergencies

    Contact Council 24 hours a day on 4732 7777 for emergencies involving:

    • animal control
    • Council buildings
    • drains
    • footpaths
    • parks and reserves
    • public health or safety concerns
    • Council roads.

    Report graffiti

    We encourage residents and businesses to report graffiti in our City to help us remove it promptly. Call our free hotline 1800 022 182 or fill in our online graffiti reporting form

    Damaged roads or paths

    To report potholes or damaged footpaths, call 4732 7777.

    Litter and illegal dumping

    Council Rangers can issue on-the-spot fines for littering. We want our City to be a pleasant, healthy and attractive place. Litter can be a threat to people and our environment, especially our waterways.

    To report a 'litter hotspot', contact Council on 4732 7777 or .

    To report illegal dumping in Western Sydney please call the Regional Illegal Dumping (RID) squad on 4732 7446 or after hours on 131 555.

    Issues with neighbours

    Council can help resolve some types of neighbourhood or community grievances, including:

    • air, noise and water pollution
    • dogs - barking, savage or stray
    • domestic animals causing nuisance
    • illegal building works or developments
    • building safety
    • fire hazards
    • obstruction of streets and footpaths
    • overgrown vegetation or properties
    • food hygiene / safety
    • septic tank / sewer overflows
    • swimming pool safety
    • unauthorised earthworks or filling of land.

    Where possible, first try to resolve an issue with a neighbour by talking to them about it.

    If you want Council to investigate, we need you to put your complaint in writing unless it involves pollution that is in progress at the time, or an urgent safety issue such as an unfenced pool.

    See our Neighbourhood Disputes and Grievances form (accessible pdf 177KB).

    If you make a written complaint, your personal details will remain strictly confidential. Council is subject to laws concerning access to government information - see Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) or our Access to Information page for more details. But we would notify you if someone lodges a request for information about your complaint. Anonymous complaints can not always be investigated.

    Where Council can't help

    Council is often asked to intervene in disputes between neighbours and members of the community in situations where we don't have any statutory authority to act, or where there is a better option for resolving the issue:

Have your say

Community input is important

We encourage you to have your say about community plans, policies and issues that will shape our City's future...

Peach Tree Creek and Lower Surveyors Creek Flood Study

Nepean River Flood Study

Sport, Recreation, Play and Open Space Strategy

Community input is important

Would you like to receive your rates notice via email?

It's quick and easy! Click on the button below for more information.

Receive your rates notice via email

Find us on
Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 council@penrith.city 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia