Telephone: Within Australia - (02) 4732.7891
From overseas +61 2 47327891
Fax: Within Australia - (02) 4732 7540
From overseas +61 2 47327540
For mobility access details, click here.
Opening hours Monday-Friday 9.00am - 8.00pm.
Saturday 9.00 am - 5.00pm.
Sunday 10.00 am - 5.00pm.
Local Studies / Technical Library Room: Monday-Sunday 2.00p.m. - 5.00p.m.
Storytime for Preschoolers
Wednesday 10.30 am-11.30 am
[does not operate during school holidays]
Wednesday and Saturday 10 am-noon.
The collection includes a large Reference collection (for use in the Library only), an ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics) File, and newspapers (national and local). A large motor car manual collection [for maintenance and repair] is also available in the reference collection for photocopying. Like other branches, Penrith's lending collection consists of non-fiction and biographies; large print fiction, non-fiction and biographies; adult and junior fiction; children's picture books, cassettes and CD's; adult, teenage and junior paperbacks, a large magazine collection and DVD's. There is also a small 'talking book' collection (i.e. sound recordings of fiction and non-fiction titles) and a selection of junior music compact discs. The central branch is the major repository of local history material, housing a comprehensive Local Studies Collection in a separate room. A Technical Library, housed in the same room, is a collection of support material for Council staff, however, the public may access the material via the Library's computer catalogue and view the material in the Library. For further details, click here.
- Penrith Library has 23 Online Public Access Catalogues (OPACs or computer catalogues) for the public to use to locate material in the collection
- 4 self serve check-out terminals (borrowers can check their own books out) and one self serve check-in terminal
- 8 personal computers (PCs), which are connected to the Library's CD-Rom/free Internet site network (called FREENET), are also available for the public to use, which is attached to a photocopier/printer
- 17 Internet terminals are also available for use in the Library - fees and conditions apply.
- 5 IBM PCs are available for word processing - printing is 20c a page
- 4 black and white/colour photocopiers provide a choice of either A3 and/or A4 paper
- Microfiche/film reader/printers are available to view the Library's microform collection. A community noticeboard gives information about both library and local events, groups and courses.